1. What makes something acidic or alkaline?
2. What is the pH of an acid and an alkali?
3. What are the different types of indicators?
4. What is the link between ions and acidity?
5. Ion concentration and pH.
6. What is the difference between a Dilute or Concentrated acid?
7. What is the difference between a strong and a weak acid?
8. What is a base?
9. Alkalis and bases.
10. Reactions of acids with metals
11. Reactions of acids with metal oxides/hydroxides
12. Reactions of acids with metal carbonates
13. What is the test for hydrogen?
14. What is the test for carbon dioxide?
15. What is seen during neutralisation ? and neutralisation.
16. What happens to the ions during Neutralisation? (H)
Identify the ions that make something acidic
Identify the pH of acids and alkalis
Identify the colour changes in different indicators
Describe the terms 'dilute' and 'concentrated'
Explain the difference between a weak and a strong acid
Describe what a base is
Explain the difference between an alkali and a base
Write word equations for reactions between metals and acids
Write word equations for reactions between metal hydroxides and acids
Write word equations for reactions between metal carbonates and acids
Describe the test for hydrogen
Describe the test for carbon dioxide
Describe what is seen during neutralisation reactions
Explain, in terms of ions, what is happening during neutralisation
Link the number of H+ ions to the concentration of an acid
Calculate the change in pH and concentration
Calculate concentration in gdm-3
© All Rights Reserved