1. The History of the Atom
2. What are the Sub-Atomic Particles?
3. What is the Charge and Mass of a Proton, Neutron and Electron?
4. Why are all atoms neutral?
5. How do we know that the Nucleus is tiny?
6. Where does the Mass of an Atom come from?
7. What does the mass number tell us?
8. What does the atomic number tell us?
9. Calculating the number of Protons, Neutrons and Electrons.
10. How to draw and write the Electronic Configuration
11. What do the groups and periods tell me about electronic configuration?
Describe how ideas of the atom have changed
Describe the structure of the atom.
Identify the charge of a proton, neutron and electron.
Explain why all atoms are neutral.
Compare the size of the atom to the nucleus.
Identify where most of the mass of the atom is.
What does the mass number tell us?
Describe why the atomic number is unique.
Describe how to calculate the number of protons, neutrons and electrons.
Describe how to draw the electronic configuration.
Relate the electronic configuration to the position on the periodic table
Calculate Relative Formula Mass
© All Rights Reserved