1. What are Ionic Bonds?
2. How can I draw Ionic Bonding?
3. What is an ion?
4. Calculating protons, neutrons and electrons for an ion.
5. Ions in groups 1, 2, 6 and 7.
6. What do the endings '-ide' and '-ate' mean?
7. How can I work out the formula for ionic compounds?
8. What is the structure of an ionic compound?
9. Why do Ionic Compounds have High Melting Points?
10. Why do Ionic Compounds only conduct electricity when liquids?
Describe what an ionic bond is
Describe what an ion is
Calculate the protons, neutrons and electrons for an ION
Describe the formation of ions in groups 1, 2, 6 and 7
Use dot and cross diagrams to draw ionic bonding
Describe the difference between '-ide' and '-ate'
Work out the formula for ionic compounds
Describe what an ionic lattice is
Explain why ionic substances have high melting points
Explain why ionic substances can only conduct when molten
© All Rights Reserved