Chemical Change Whole Topic Revision Video
18. Preparing soluble salts from an insoluble reactant.
19. Preparing soluble salts from a soluble reactant.
20. Core Practical: Preparing Copper Sulphate.
21. Preparing a soluble salt from a titration.
22. Solubility rules.
23. Predicting precipitates.
24. How to prepare a pure, dry, precipitate.
25. What is an electrolyte?
26. What is electrolysis?
27. What happens to ions during electrolysis?
28. How to predict the products of electrolysis
29. Writing half equations for electrolysis (H)
30. Explaining oxidation and reduction (H)
31. Where does oxidation and reduction occur? (H)
32. Purifying Copper using Electrolysis
33. Core Practical: Electrolysis of Copper Sulphate
1. What makes something acidic or alkaline?
2. What is the pH of an acid and an alkali?
3. What are the different types of indicators?
4. What is the link between ions and acidity?
5. Ion concentration and pH.
6. Core Practical: Investigating the change in pH.
7. What is the difference between a Dilute or Concentrated acid?
8. What is the difference between a strong and a weak acid?
9. What is a base?
10. Alkalis and bases.
11. Reactions of acids with metals
12. Reactions of acids with metal oxides/hydroxides
13. Reactions of acids with metal carbonates
14. What is the test for hydrogen?
15. What is the test for carbon dioxide?
16. What is seen during neutralisation ? and neutralisation.
17. What happens to the ions during Neutralisation? (H)
Chemical Change (Acids, Alkalis and Electrolysis) Resources:
Here you can find revision material for the Chemical Change (Acids, Alkalis and Electrolysis) aspect of the GCSE. The links below takes you to:
© All Rights Reserved