Acids and Electrolysis
Chemical Change Whole Topic Revision Video
1. What is an acid?
2. What is the pH of an acid and an alkali?
3. What are the different types of indicators?
4. What is the link between ions and acidity?
5. Ion concentration and pH.
6. Core Practical: Investigating the change in pH.
7. Dilute or Concentrated?
8. Dissociation and acid strength.
9. What is a base?
10. Alkalis and bases.
11. Reactions of acids with metals
12. Reactions of acids with metal oxides/hydroxides
13. Reactions of acids with metal carbonates
14. What is the test for hydrogen?
15. What is the test for carbon dioxide?
16. What is seen during neutralisation ? and neutralisation.
17. Preparing soluble salts from an insoluble reactant.
18. Preparing soluble salts from a soluble reactant.
19. Core Practical: Preparing Copper Sulphate.
20. Preparing a soluble salt from a titration.
21. Solubility rules.
22. Predicting precipitates.
23. Preparing a pure, dry, insoluble salt.
24. What is an electrolyte?
25. What is electrolysis?
26. What happens to ions during electrolysis?
27. How to predict the products of electrolysis
28. Writing half equations for electrolysis (H)
29. Explaining oxidation and reduction (H)
30. Where does oxidation and reduction occur? (H)
31. Purifying Copper using Electrolysis
32. Core Practical: Electrolysis of Copper Sulphate